Frequently asked questions
Below, you can find answers to some of the frequently asked questions regarding your stay at our hotel. You can find information about check-in and check-out times as well as the opening hours of all our facilities.
- Check-in: From 3:00 PM
- Check-out: By 11:00 AM
- You have the option to add a late check-out when booking your room online.
- Yes, you are allowed to bring your dog with you for an additional fee.
- It is a smoke-free hotel. Therefore, smoking is only allowed in our outdoor areas.
- There will be an additional charge of DKK 3,000 / 400 EUR for smoking indoors.
- Yes, there is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
- The name of the Wi-Fi is: “Royalguest” and the password is: “royalroyal”.
- Yes, no problem. Simply contact a host and inquire about availability.
- We serve breakfast at ATRIUM every day from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- We do not have a bar at the hotel, but we recommend visiting our close partner, Richard’s Bar, located in the same building as us. Many of our guests enjoy visiting the bar during their stay, thanks to its perfect location and exclusive ambiance.
Casino Royal is not included in the stay when you book accommodation with us. However, the casino is a close partner and an option that many guests take advantage of to experience. From the lobby, you can directly access the casino as we are located in the same building.
- We accept Dankort, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Please note that there is a surcharge for some credit cards – however, Dankort is always exempt from any additional fees. OBS! Our terminal unfortunately does not support contactless payments, so we kindly ask you to bring your physical payment card.
Hotel Royal does not have its own parking facilities, but we are always ready to assist our guests in finding parking nearby the hotel.
Our guests are always welcome to drive directly to the reception area, both to drop off their luggage and to receive further information about parking options.
Across from Hotel Royal, you will find Aarhus Cathedral, and along the cathedral, there is a small municipal parking lot available. There, you can pay using popular parking apps or at the physical payment machine (select “Red Zone, 8000”).
In the same area, there are designated parking spaces for electric vehicles with charging stations available. However, the maximum parking duration in those spaces is three hours.
Furthermore, it is possible to park in three large parking garages in Aarhus city center and along the waterfront. Here are the addresses of the parking garages:
Remember to always have a credit card available for the payment machines.
Hack Kampmanns Plads 2, 8000 Aarhus C.
Europe’s largest automated parking facility with 1,000 parking spaces. You simply drive your car into an elevator, take a ticket, and the rest is fully automated.
Inge Lehmanns Gade 10, 8000 Aarhus C.
The parking facility is open 24/7 and consists of two levels, with level -01 being publicly accessible and offering 450 parking spaces.
Fiskergade 60 eller Østergade 25, 8000 Aarhus C.
Open 24/7. You can find the entrance to the parking garage on Østergade as well as on Fiskergade.